- Ultra ThinLine (3/16″) is our thinnest shock absorbing saddle pad. Fitting a wide variety of saddle shapes and sizes, it will be the most versatile pad in your tack room. Thoughtfully designed to protect both horse and rider’s backs and create a soft, quiet, elastic connection. If your riding is not in a place where you can focus on nuances, you should likely start in a ThinLine. If you are a close contact rider, you will greatly appreciate Ultra ThinLine. This product reduces rider movement so horses can balance and focus. It does not amplify the seat, it reduces “background noise” so the rider’s seat aids are clear.
- ThinLine+ (1/4″) is designed for beginning riders, horses in high impact situations, or horses with sore backs. ThinLine+ is endorsed by Veterinarians, even for severe back problems such as kissing spine. It is the #1 choice of Equine Chiropractors and Massage Therapists.
- Custom cut to ensure that there are no pressure points
- Inserts don’t slip in the pockets
- We don’t divide the pocket; place the inserts precisely where your horse need it
- Adjust saddle fit and add more protection for your horse
Please note: Bridging Shims for Swayback – If your saddle is bridging, you are missing contact in the middle of the horse’s back and there is too much contact at both the wither and the cantle. When using bridging shims, we recommend you start slowly. Use only one or two at a time. You will discover your horse will begin to lift their top line and develop more muscle with ThinLine. Once the muscle is developed it is often possible to remove one or all of the shims. Good news: you keep your ThinLine pad and horses continue to use their backs correctly.